As a web developer, I am pretty picky of the websites I visit on a regular basis. Yes, I look for a good design, usability, mobile friendly and all of that good stuff, but let’s face it. In the end, content is king, and why people visit websites. I visit a website over and over again because I really like their content and find the site useful. There are a handful of sites I visit monthly, weekly, or daily because they are so useful to me and here they are:
- W3 Schools – great site for learning web coding.
- Clark Howard – Clark is great at warning of scams and giving sound solid consumer advice.
- WRAL – I visit this site every day for local news and weather.
- CNN – This is the site I visit to get my news around the world.
- ESPN – The best website out there for sports news and video highlights.
- Yelp – The site I go to for restaurant reviews.
- Hongkiat – Great site to learn new technologies.
- Kirupa.com – Another great site to learn new technologies.
- Boagworld – Very good information on user experience design.
- Scotch.io – Great tutorials to learn new skills
- – I’ve learned a lot about CSS from this site
- – Good reads on UX Design, Graphic Design, IA.
- Personal capital – Excellent sites for financial learning.
All content belongs to Bruce Gilbert